November 30, 2009

"I be rockin' them beats, yup, yup"

Thank you to the Black Eyed Peas for a little song called "I've Got A Feeling" as it sparked Mason's interest in music again. Mason and I anxiously awaited their performance on the American Music Awards hoping they would play his favorite song. Instead, they played "Meet Me Halfway" and "Boom Boom Pow." While Mason was slightly disappointed in the lack of "I've Got A Feeling," he quickly recovered and found love for "Boom Boom Pow." It turned into a small obsession, which included watching the not so great AMA performance over 100 times before it was not so accidently deleted from TiVo (see pictures below of Mason watching Fergie & the Black Eyed Peas with his microphone) and many of his own performances at home and at school, yes school.


I swore I would never post this video, but I think it represents the kind of rock star I hope he does NOT become (i.e. playing guitar in his underwear). It is also the only video of I have of him singing this song, and it is a poor representation of his performances we got to witness, but he gets quite shy when we take out the camera.



No comments: